We’ve been hearing a lot about social media ads and how they will grow by 44% in 2009-10. While we have been digital media evangelists all along as a social media agency we have always felt that social media is a medium to engage and not to advertise.
It is for this very reason that as an agency we have taken a stand to do only engagement oriented work rather than advertising oriented work. The way we think about it is the following:
1) Static web = Static Ads
2) Rich Media Web = Rich Media Ads
3) Social Media Web = Social Ads? Or Engagement led conversations?
We feel most marketers need to grapple with the third point above and take a call on where do they invest their social media budgets. Do they do it on ads which are perishable or do they invest in building a community where the ROI is not clicks but no of brand interactions. We have earlier asked this question as well in our clicks vs conversations debate.
- 2D Animators
- Social Listening
- ORM (Online Reputation Management)
- Marketing to India versus Marketing to Bharat
- WATTalks – Videos to drive the future of digital content marketing
- WATTalks – Digital content in Indic languages to rule Internet in India in the future
- WAT Talks – How to leverage data to drive insight for Digital Marketing
- #SuitUpToAllergy – Godrej’s digital driven campaign
- 10 mistakes that marketers should avoid for content marketing