Social Media in India is growing by leaps and bounds but till date there was no definitive research that tracked this growth. But now The Nielsen Company conducted in collaboration with AbsolutData a report on social media in India.
The findings of the report are as follows:
- 30 million Indians who are online consumers are members of social networking sites
- 20 million of these spend time on social networking sites daily
- Indians spend more time on social media than they do checking personal email
- Over the next six months 45,000 online Indians intend to join social networking sites each day
- 1/4th of online Indians were able to recall brands using social media
- Having a social media presence connotes ‘innovation’ ‘customer friendliness’ and a sense of ‘cool’
- Nearly 40 million Indians are using online reviews to inform purchase decisions
- 67 percent of Indians who are on the web use online reviews to help them make purchases
- 60 percent Indians who are social media users are open to being approached by brands
Now the big statistic -> Social Media in India is growing at 100 percent and is likely to touch 45 million users by 2012
We are believers that this medium will impact marketing in a big way. If you looking for a social media agency then contact us here.
- WAT Talks – How to leverage data to drive insight for Digital Marketing
- #SuitUpToAllergy – Godrej’s digital driven campaign
- 10 mistakes that marketers should avoid for content marketing
- Simplicity is the secret ingredient
- Chatbots – A great addition to your digital marketing strategy!
- Digital will overtake TV viewership in India by 2020
- Motilal Oswal launches digital campaign #TheOnlyTIP
- WATConsult launches a report on Internet Of Things
- Mother Dairy Ice Creams – Instant Impact Creatives
- PureHealthyAir AllDay – an innovative campaign by Eureka Forbes