21st June is celebrated as World Music Day. For a brand like Radio Mirchi to which music is everything, this day surely needed a huge celebration. Hence, a clear direction was given to make this day full of musical conversations for our Social Media audience. On Air, the Mumbai station had begun with a World Music Festival which was replicated on Facebook. This 10-day long festival celebrated the influence of different genres of music on the Indian industry.
On Facebook & Twitter, each day’s theme was celebrated by doing contests and updates informing and engaging users on the different genres. However, on the day of the main celebrations we needed to do something bigger and better. Something which would make each and every music lover on these platforms talk to Radio Mirchi and discuss the magic of music.
This day had to be the most musical day on Twitter especially since the platform gave us an opportunity to converse with all music addicts, irrespective of whether they followed us or not. Hence, we began with a contest wherein users had to tweet using #SongsThatRockMyWorld. They had to share with us all their favourite songs. Every hour we gave away exclusive Purani Jeans CDs.
Even though our core objective was to engage with as many music lovers as we could, we really hadn’t expected the magnanimous response we received. Over 2000+ tweets were done using the hastag, tagging @Mirchi983fm. The hashtag trended at the number one position for almost 20 hours, nationally.
Since it was World Music Day, several other brands like MTV India (With 533,177 followers) and Flipkart (With 24,962 followers) also attempted to make their hastags #SongsIwillneverforget & #1lastsong, respectively. However that wasn’t possible as #SongsThatRuleMyWorld was already ruling the charts. This clearly shows the correct audience Radio Mirchi has on twitter and the kind of following people have about music on the Twitter that was explored by Radio Mirchi on this day.
- WAT Talks – How to leverage data to drive insight for Digital Marketing
- #SuitUpToAllergy – Godrej’s digital driven campaign
- 10 mistakes that marketers should avoid for content marketing
- Simplicity is the secret ingredient
- Chatbots – A great addition to your digital marketing strategy!
- Digital will overtake TV viewership in India by 2020
- Motilal Oswal launches digital campaign #TheOnlyTIP
- WATConsult launches a report on Internet Of Things
- Mother Dairy Ice Creams – Instant Impact Creatives
- PureHealthyAir AllDay – an innovative campaign by Eureka Forbes