For Mother’s Day last month, Phoenix Marketcity Kurla wanted to do something special to engage its audience on Twitter, in addition to celebrate the wonderful role that our moms play in our lives. So we decided to go for a fun activity that highlighted the awesome and funny experiences we all have had.
We decided to run a Twitter contest with the hashtag: #ThingsMyMomSays and get our audiences to actively participate and engage with Phoenix Marketcity.
We went about it by first creating a buzz on Twitter by putting up teaser tweets about the upcoming contest. Since the hashtag was so relatable to the tweeple, the contest gained momentum in under an hour and was progressing full swing with more people joining in the discussion every few minutes. We kept the momentum up by actively engaging with incoming tweeters and also cross-promoted the contest on other social platforms like Facebook and Pinterest. The person with the best tweet was chosen as the winner and was awarded a meal for two (winner and his mom) at Cafe Royal.
From this particular activity we learned that simplicity is very important. The simpler and fun the communication, the better is the engagement.
You can view more details of this activity in the presentation embedded below.
- 2D Animators
- Social Listening
- ORM (Online Reputation Management)
- Marketing to India versus Marketing to Bharat
- WATTalks – Videos to drive the future of digital content marketing
- WATTalks – Digital content in Indic languages to rule Internet in India in the future
- WAT Talks – How to leverage data to drive insight for Digital Marketing
- #SuitUpToAllergy – Godrej’s digital driven campaign
- 10 mistakes that marketers should avoid for content marketing