We have launched WATInsights – an industry report analysis under our market research division Recogn. WATInsights will offer periodic reports which provide powerful insights and trends on the Indian digital landscape. Through these reports, we aim to help marketers understand the digital consumer better and translate the insights into actionable strategies.
Technology and digital media has brought about a paradigm shift in the way that consumers engage with brands, products and services. One medium that brands have been using in recent years are mobile applications. Do consumers find these apps useful? What types of apps do consumers use? How they find out about apps? Our first report is based on Brand Apps and their Impact on Brand Consideration answers these questions and more.
A few of the key findings are as follows:
• 81% of respondents are currently using or have used brand app(s), while 19% have never used them.
• Majority of the respondents use news related brand apps followed by over-the-top (OTT) apps and business / finance apps.
• Usage of photos and videos falls in the capacity of the least used apps.
• 76% of respondents discovered brand apps through their friends and family and 66% were influenced by them to install.
• 46% discovered via ads featured on traditional media platforms (TV, radio, newspapers) and 48% were influenced by them.
• 58% discovered brand apps via in-built app stores and 40% were influenced. Surprisingly, 20% discovered brand apps at the point of purchase and installed them straightaway.
Keen to find out more. Click here to download the full report.