Internet of Things (IoT) has been seeing increased adoption in India and the market is expected to grow at 41% CAGR till 2020. A large share of the adoption of IoT in India has come from the Industrial IoT segment, which has also been responsible for driving the growth of IoT in India. The adoption of the Consumer IoT segment has been slow as the awareness among the consumers is gaining momentum gradually.
Some of the findings from the report are:
• Manufacturing and Smart Cities / Public utilities are the sectors investing heavily in Industrial IoT.
• Healthcare and Agriculture are two big sectors where IoT can really be the catalyst for change especially rural healthcare
• In the consumer segment, majority of the respondents under 25 years have used VR headsets at least once for gaming or viewing entertaining content followed by connected gaming consoles
• Respondents above 25 years are more willing to adopt Smart watches and streaming devices followed by Health and Fitness Bands, and VR Headsets
• At an overall level, smartwatches and health and fitness bands have the highest usage and intention to purchase. These are seeing immediate adoption among consumer segments.
Keen to find out more. Click here to download the full report.